From conception to completion
Trade Mark Associates offer you a low, fixed price for all our trade mark services. Unlike other firms, we do not hide hourly fees or extra fees on registration. We see your application through to completion and advise you honestly at the outset of our relationship if we can foresee issues regarding your trade mark application. Our aim is to provide you with a registration certificate as quickly and efficiently as possible, with minimal stress for you.
- Discussion – the first thing to do is understand who you are, what you need, and where you need it. We will ask you about your trade mark, what goods/services you provide, and where you provide them.
- A registrability report – next we provide you with our opinion as to whether your trade mark is registrable. This involves both assessing whether the trade mark would be objected to by the registry, and then investigating the existence of earlier registrations which are likely to object to your application.
- We will advise you of the findings of our report as soon as we have them. We will then advise how we think you should proceed, and the costs involved.
- We require funds in advance of an application being filed, as payment to the registry is required on application. Once we receive the funds, we will draft the specifications, and send them to you for your approval.
- Once the specifications are approved by you, we will file the application. Afterwards, we will send the filing receipt to you, and remind you of the timeframe and process of the application.
- The registry will then examine the trade mark application.
- Once approved, the application will be published in the trade mark journal. Third parties will then have a limited time frame to oppose your application.
- If there are no oppositions, your mark proceeds to registration. We will send you the original certificate, and remain as your trade mark representative for the duration of the trade mark.
A trade mark can be a highly valuable and versatile item of property. It should be used with care, to ensure its value is maintained. When we send you the certificate, we provide detailed guidelines as to how a trade mark should be used, protected and monetised.
For more information about the cost of a trade mark application, visit Pricing.
- A registrability report
- We are available by telephone or email during working hours
- Your brand’s application will be completed by an experienced trade mark professional
- Our quoted charges include all registry application costs
- You will receive a copy of all the registry’s correspondence concerning your application
- We contact you the way you want to monitor the process
- You will have access to our database to be able monitor the progress of your brand’s application
- All registration certificates are sent to you